Effective collaboration is an essential part of any high-functioning team, and if you haven’t taken a look at how well your team is performing in this area, it could be affecting your overall performance more than you think.
When a team isn’t communicating or collaborating as well as it could there are some shocking statistics that reveal these areas should be considered more that just a side issue. Do you make successful collaboration and communication a priority?
Here are 5 insightful statistics that might help your team improve collaboration:
1. 96% of execs cite lack of collaboration or ineffective communication as the main source or workplace failures.
2. Your staff spend an average of 74 minutes a week trying to contact customers or colleagues.
3. 24.5 hours a week are spent writing emails, searching for information and internal collaboration.
4. Poor communication and unsupportive company culture is an employee-retention issue for between of 20%-30% of organizations.
5. 39% of employees say people in their organization don't collaborate enough.
Let us know what you think. Is your team operating at it's best in terms of collaboration and communication? We'd love to hear from you, leave a comment below of tweet us at @stratretreats.
Chris Ward is a Principal with StrategicRetreats and founder of Riverhorse Strategic Advisors. Over the past 20 years he has facilitated dozens of meetings, workshops and retreats and conducted more than 1,000 key informant interviews for organizations of all types and sizes. An expert in strategic planning and branding, he helps clients develop very specific plans to achieve corporate goals and own their space.